We are the international market leader in obtaining funding for biomedical and healthcare related innovations. We help leading researchers and companies secure financing for ambitious R&D projects, from early stage pre-clinical research up to clinical stage development.
Catalyze is characterized by the motto "by intrapreneurs for entrepreneurs" and values team players who are not afraid to show initiative, creativity and responsibility. We have a “can-do” culture where fun and professional development go hand in hand.
We have a strong passion for the latest technological innovations and support a variety of Life Science developments including, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare solutions. Our consultants work with the best clients and projects in Europe and far beyond. We are an FD Gazelle award winning company and are looking for;
Senior Consultant Life Sciences, Biotechnology and Medical Technology
What are you going to do?
As a Senior Consultant, you advise our life science and biotechnology clients about the upcoming financing opportunities and fully take over the grant application process. You independently support companies and research institutions when applying for adequate funding for innovative projects. This concerns both regional, national and international non-dilutive funding . A Senior Consultant is responsible for the complete project from start to finish. You take control of the process and are fully in the Driver-Seat.
You supervise and coach Junior Consultants.
Together with the customers, you develop projects, set up partnerships and work with team support to complete financing plans. A Senior Consultant is capable of dealing quickly and analytically in complex situations.
As a Senior Consultant, you have strong subject expertise and you are interested in the commercialization of innovative products within the life sciences.
You become part of a dedicated team of consultants in the life sciences industry. Experience with working in a project team is therefore an absolute prerequisite. The Senior Consultant will make a significant contribution to further growth of the Catalyze team.
The activities of the Senior Consultant are mainly focused on:
• Be involved in supporting project proposals, business plans, development plans and grant applications for our clients in the life science, biotechnology and pharmaceutical development.
• The independent establishment of partnerships / building of consortia,
• The independent negotiation of commercial terms with partners,
• Coaching colleagues and sending project teams,
• Independent projects and related research and / or advisory work for our clients.
• Independent submission of grant applications.
• Performing market research
• Writing business cases for new biotechnological and life science products.
• Market research on commercialization strategy of new medical products, price setting of new medical products, league analyzes, etc.
• Independent customer visits regarding the execution of certain projects and / or grant applications.
• Performing desk research and shaping, among other things, the major national and international non-dilutive funding (research projects, tender arrangements).
• As Senior Consultant, you are the contact point for the client and maintain a professional relationship with the client.
Type of customers
You get in touch with customers in the life science sector, biotechnology and pharmaceutical development:
• National and international parties. Catalyze has a wide European network
• Private parties: innovative startups, SME companies and multinationals
• Public institutions, including universities, medical centers and research institutions
Catalyze seeks Senior Consultants. The most ideal candidate for this job has:
• Biomedical background with relevant PhD and/or Post-Doc experience,
• Has experience in life science and biotechnology,
• has proven affinity within a business or commercial setting,
• experience with grants as FP7, Horizon 2020, IMI, ERC,NIH, Eurostars and more,
• thorough knowledge of the grant landscape is a pre,
• Has strong communication and project coordination skills,
• experience with coaching colleagues and working in project management teams (people management skills),
• is creative, clear and shows leadership,
• Excellent English skills (writing & speaking),
• Excellent communication and editorial skills,
• Self-employed and not afraid to take responsibility,
• Self-critical setting with the will to deliver quality above all,
• Flexibly set "team player"
• Humor and creativity.
In short, a challenging job for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial type that wants to be active in a professional, knowledge-intensive organization that determines commitment, flexibility, setting, qualities and teamwork.
What can you expect from Catalyze
• A professional and dynamic organization that offers space for independence and entrepreneurship.
• A broad organization that provides space for development and growth.
• A young and enthusiastic team.
• A competitive salary with good working conditions.
• Good employment conditions like a bonus structure.
• View on permanent employment.