We are an international market leader in funding consulting for biotech, health care, agri-food and other Life Sciences-related innovations. We assist innovative companies and leading researchers in securing funding for ambitious R&D projects, from pre-clinical research up to clinical stage development and market entry. We do this by taking the lead in project concept design, finding and contracting suitable collaborators and efficient application process management to obtain high quality funding propositions strategized to be successful.
Driven by the motto "for entrepreneurs by intrapreneurs", Catalyze values a commercial and collaborative mindset. This means that we regard our clients as co-development partners and that we approach the stakeholders within our projects with positivity and transparency. We pride ourselves for our dedication, characterized by a supportive and service-oriented point of view. We foster a can-do mentality and think in opportunities and challenges. Catalyze values team players that show initiative, creativity and ownership.
Catalyze is currently looking for a
LEAD CONSULTANT/ CLUSTERLEAD
What are you going to do?
- Provide senior support to develop optimal funding applications regarding tender fit, project concept design, proposal quality, budget drafting, process management, client management and partner acquisition within set limits for time spending and commercial conditions.
- Effectively manage daily affairs of an operational team (cluster) of 4-10 consultants including scheduling, chairing internal meetings, issue management, performance monitoring, and motivation.
- Lead performance optimization of the cluster regarding project progress, efficiency, financial targets and personal development.
- Anticipate and report any deviations from the expected goals to the Manager Consultancy.
- Take a lead in knowledge sharing and training of starting consultants.
- Identify quality and process issues, assist in designing measures for quality optimization and process improvement and support implementation of such measures within Catalyze.
- Take strategic decisions regarding the Consultancy department operations in absence of the Manager Consultancy, in consultation with fellow-Cluster Leads.
What are we looking for?
- Postdoc level in relevant topics (life sciences, health, biotech) complemented with 2-3 years’ funding application experience, preferably in consultant role, or
- PhD level in relevant topics complemented with 4-5 years’ funding application experience, preferably in consultant role, or
- MSc level in relevant topics complemented with 7-8 years’ experience in funding application experience, preferably in consultant role.
- Demonstrated experience in writing life science/biotech related publications, reports, strategic plans, and/or business plans and having worked in commercial position or environment.
- Experience in team leading at daily management level.
Competences & skills
- Excellent language skills in English (written and spoken). Dutch would be a plus, level B2/C1.
- Up to date knowledge of various funding opportunities in relevant topics.
- Analytical thinking, result driven, and highly organized.
- Service and client oriented and pro-active attitude.
- Good influential and situational leadership skills.
What can you expect from us?
- A professional and dynamic working environment that values independence, entrepreneurship and self-development.
- A young, ambitious, and diverse team.
- A leadership position in a fast-growing international professional services company.
- A competitive salary with excellent secondary conditions including an annual cash bonus.
- Active support for training and career development.
- Perspective of permanent position after successful temporary contract.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. For questions and more information about the Lead Consultant vacancy, please contact Wijna Bekker (Recruiter) on phone number 020-7234452.