Strategic Advisor & Investment Specialist
What are you going to do
Does an innovation have high market potential? Is there a (medical) need for your life science products? Should you invest in a new technology or expand your pipeline? What research has adequate potential for spin-off companies? Is the end-user (patients, pharma, etc) interested in my technology or application? What competing products are on market, in clinical trials or early stage development? Does my technology outcompete this, or does it stand out in other ways? Can we out-beat the standard-of-care in terms of costs and benefits? Which of my pipeline R&D projects has the highest potential for success? Many questions that our clients face when bringing a new medical innovation to market.
As a Strategic Advisor & Investment Specialist you will play an integral role in delivering insights and strategies for life sciences companies and/or research institutes. As a member of our innovative specialists team, you will validate our clients and their projects and you will support them to define their development and commercialization strategy. You do this through challenging assignments for top clients in the life science industry. This includes high potential research and innovation resulting from academic groups, but also product development by start-ups and SMEs. You are able to assess the commercial potential of upcoming innovations through market assessments, stateof-the-art landscaping, defining market values of life science products, assess technology and investment readiness, and much more. Furthermore, with your knowledge of investment management in Life Science, you provide high value services for our clients, and you support your colleagues on assignments with business case or investment character.
The activities of the Investment Specialist will include (not limited to):
- Perform analysis of qualitative and quantitative datasets
- Contribute to the development of high-quality, accurate and compelling deliverables and reports
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Conduct desk research to support project tasks and proposal development
- Support growth and innovation within our specialist team and new services
- Deliver strategic advice / consultancy for our clients
- Generate new business cases for clients
- Perform assessments of existing business cases (business case assessor)
- Generate investment-driven applications, e.g. EIB, Innovatiekrediet
- Perform valuations of projects and company valuations
- Generate business plans with clients
- Perform market (desk) research, competitor analyses, design commercialization strategies, indicative pricing & deal value / sales forecasts
- Larger or special assignments with business case and or investment character
- Providing feedback to our consultants on business cases as part of grant applications (SME instruments, FTI, EUROSTARS)
- Jury pitch sessions and trainings with clients
- Reviewing grant applications focusing on the business case
- Assist in customer visits regarding their business case in context of assignments and applications
Type of customers
You come into contact with a broad range of customers in the life science sector, biotechnology and pharmaceutical development:
- Private parties: innovative startups, SME companies and multinationals
- Public institutions, including universities, medical centers and research institutions
- Both will be at national and international level.
- You work with leading companies and institutes in the Netherlands, Europe and US.
- Catalyze has a wide network of clients and relevant stakeholders in Europe and beyond.
- Experience at a life science related investment fund as e.g. business analyst is a benefit.
- MSc in Life Science/Biotechnology or equivalent. For example: Management, Policy Analysis & Entrepreneurship in the Health and Life Sciences or Science and Business Management.
- Strong analytical capabilities with excellent data collection and analysis skills.
- Strong capacities in client relations, integrity and transparency.
- Affinity for start-up, spin-off and small medium enterprises in Life Sciences.
- Deliver high-quality work and you are able to be self-critical.
- Strong communication skills.
- Independent worker and showing large responsibility for his/her work.
- Creativity and (self)humor.
- Good command of both Dutch and English language is required.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form.