Business Consultant Life Sciences, Biotechnology and Medical Technology in Switzerland
Catalyze is the international market leader in obtaining funding for biomedical and healthcare-related innovations. We help leading researchers and companies secure financing for ambitious R&D projects, from early-stage, pre-clinical research up to clinical-stage development.
At Catalyze, we are distinguished by the motto, "by intrapreneurs for entrepreneurs" and value team players who are not afraid to show initiative, creativity and responsibility. We have a “can-do” culture where fun and professional development go hand in hand.
We have a strong passion for the latest technological innovations and support a variety of Life Science developments including, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and healthcare solutions. Our top consultants work with the best clients and projects worldwide.
Catalyze searches several:
(Jr) Consultant & Business Case Specialist Life Sciences, Biotechnology and Medical Technology
For our Swiss-based office in Basel
What are you going to do
As a consultant, you develop projects, set up collaborations, conduct market analyzes, work out your business cases, make your financing plans, development plans and work out new innovative projects into complete project proposals. In most cases, the application of projects concerns relevant providers.
The activities of the consultant are mainly focused on:
• Be involved in project proposals, business plans, and grant applications for our clients in the life science sector, biotechnology and pharmaceutical development.
• Independent projects and related research and / or advisory work for our clients.
• Independent submission of grant applications.
• Performing market research
• Writing business cases for new biotechnological and life science products.
• Market research on commercialization strategy of new medical products, price setting of new medical products, league analyzes, etc.
• Supporting customers in strategic development policy.
• Independent customer visits regarding the execution of certain projects and / or grant applications.
• Performing desk research and shaping, among other things, the major national and international grant applications (research projects, tender arrangements).
• As a consultant, you are the contact point for the client and together with the team leader you discuss the completed assignments.
Type of customers
You come into contact with customers in the life science sector, biotechnology and pharmaceutical development:
• National and international parties. Catalyze has a wide European network
• Private parties: innovative startups, SME companies and multinationals
• Public institutions, including universities, medical centers and research institutions
Catalyze is looking for enthusiastic consultants who is an inhabitant of Switzerland, Germany, or France. Already living in the proximity of Basel; or willing to re-locate to Basel. The most ideal candidate has a science and innovation background with at least a relevant master's degree program. The candidate has affinity with life science and biotechnology and good business sense. The candidate is looking for a position within he / she can contribute to the development of new pharmaceuticals, diagnostic products and medical devices. The candidate is instructive and wishes to build a broad knowledge in the field of life science in a commercial setting. The function requires strong communication and project coordination skills. Experience with writing and applying for grants is a pre. In short, a challenging job for an enthusiastic, energetic and entrepreneurial type that wants to be active in a professional, knowledge-intensive organization that determines commitment, flexibility, quality and teamwork.
• A minimum of completed education at academic level with biomedical knowledge.
• Knowledge and interest in conducting market analyzes / business cases
• Basic knowledge in commercial aspects of life science products
• Knowledge in the design of R & D projects.
• Experience in applying for grants is a pre
• Interest in project management and coordination.
• A highly developed ability to analyze, develop and organize.
• Excellent English skills (writing & speaking).
• Excellent communication and editorial skills.
• Self-employed and not afraid to take responsibility.
• Self-critical setting with the will to deliver quality above all.
• Flexibly set "team player".
• Humor and creativity.
Catalyze is characterized by the motto "by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs". The company has a contemporary and flexible method in which it takes an entrepreneurial view into the projects and wishes of our client. Catalyze attaches great importance to true team players, who are not at the same time afraid to show initiative and creativity, and the work environment is characterized by open culture, with enough space for fun and development.
What can you expect from Catalyze in Switzerland
• Join our small, fast-growing Switzerland-based consultancy team
• A work environment that values team spirit and work life balance
• Frequent visits to our Netherlands-based offices in Utrecht and Amsterdam for trainings and team building activities.
• Possibilities for longer exchange to one of our other offices;
• A professional and dynamic organization that offers space for independence and entrepreneurship.
• Being part of a dynamic international organization that provides space for development and growth.
• Training and coaching by experienced colleagues.
• A competitive salary with good working conditions.
• View on permanent employment.
We appreciate hearing from all qualified candidates by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form.