Business Developer Agri, Food & Bioeconomy
As Catalyze we strive to impact human health. Food, food (production) technology and food access is a major driver of human wellbeing. Unfortunately, we are facing a crisis in global food production in food (production) technologies and strong investments in R&D projects.
By 2050 we need to increase our food production by 70% while being sustainable and stimulating human health. Reaching these objectives in the next 30 years requires new advancements.Through our services we aim to raise funding for the most ambitious R&D projects and technologies. Furthermore, we help our clients grow with dedicated management consulting services, market research, business intelligence and corporate strategies. These services are provided to various types of innovative organizations such as Start-ups, Small Medium Enterprises (SME), large companies (multinationals), universities and research organizations.
We are expanding our Agri, Food and Bio economy team and therefore looking for a:
Business Developer Agri, Food and Bio Economy
You will join a growing international team in Amsterdam bursting with energy. As our fourth business developer Agri, Food and Bioeconomy, you can make a difference in our professional and dynamic scale-up organization who offers room for independence and professional development.
What are you going to do?
It is a big challenge for our clients to raise funds for their innovative projects. As a Business Developer, you will identify and qualify prospects, discuss their project ideas and funding strategy. When you have identified a strong match, you will negotiate the contract terms and close the deal which enables us to start working on their grant applications (and related projects). In addition, you will maintain existing customer relationships, visit conferences and attend client events. You will work with universities, companies and research institutes in Europe and far beyond. Your goal is to accelerate the development of their innovative products.
What are we looking for?
Ideally this will be your second sales position. Your degree in agriculture or food technology gives you an advantage in understanding our customers when it comes to advising them on their research and development projects. You have a passion for innovation, and you strive to help our customers to bring their products to market faster.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a sales position
- Master or PhD degree in Agriculture or Food Technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Energetic self-starter with strong persistence
- Goal oriented and solution-oriented thinker
- Excellent language skills in English (written and spoken)
- Fast learner, with some humor and creativity
Nice to have
- Knowledge of grant applications and various funding opportunities
- Work experience in the Life Sciences and/or healthcare industries
- Experience in contract negotiations and closing deals
- A competitive salary with good employment conditions
- A good bonus system
- A personal training budget
- A phone, laptop and a lease car
- Loads of fun activities like Yoga, Catalyze Football team and Kick Boxing
We appreciate hearing from you by submitting your application by using our Online Application Form. For questions and more information about the Business Developer Agri, Food & Bioeconomy vacancy, please contact Marieke Swaneveld (Recruiter) on phone number 0203034311.